Dan is actively involved in the areas of financial and taxation consulting to owner-managed businesses and non-resident corporations with subsidiaries in Canada. Dan has experience in multiple industry areas including real-estate, distribution, financial services, including portfolio managers and exempt market dealers, and information technology.
Dan has significant experience providing financial and transactional advisory to clients, which include:
- Sell-side and buy-side advisory
- Financial due diligence
- Working capital dispute resolution
- Tax structuring for liquidity events or sale of business
- Partnership/minority shareholder/key employee admissions
- Compensation arrangements
Dan is the managing partner of Segal LLP and member of its steering committee. In this role Dan guides the strategic initiatives of the firm.
Dan graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics from York University in 1992 and obtained his CA designation from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario in 1994. In 2015 Dan successfully completed the Moore Stephens Executive Leadership Program at the Harvard Business School.
Corporate and Social Involvement:
- Board Member, Moore Stephens North America
- Board Member, Granite Club, Toronto, Ontario