The following environmental savings have been calculated based on Segal’s recycled paper order consisting of 3,000.00 pounds of 100% postconsumer paper manufactured with wind power.
SAVINGS DERIVED FROM USING POSTCONSUMER RECYCLED FIBRE IN LIEU OF VIRGIN FIBRE:
- 36.00 trees not cut down
- 1,622.42 lbs. solid waste not generated
- 103.95 lbs. waterborne waste not created
- 3,170.80 lbs. atmospheric emissions eliminated
- 15,291.90 gallons water/wastewater flow saved
- 20,722,576.07 BTUs energy not consumed
SAVINGS DERIVED FROM CHOOSING A PAPER FROM MOHAWK’S WINDPOWER PORTFOLIO:
- 448.16 lbs. air emissions (CO2, SO2 and NOX) not generated (because wind energy is emission-free!)
What is the fossil fuel equivalent for this amount of wind energy? 1,666.50 cubic feet natural gas
In other words, this amount of wind energy is equivalent to:
- planting 30.34 trees (Trees fulfill the vital function of removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere!)
- Not traveling 500.00 miles in an average automobile (Carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas is the primary by-product of fuel combustion.)
The following statements correspond with the paper used in the manufacturing of Segal’s printed materials, Mohawk Options:
Manufactured entirely with wind-generated electricity
Manufactured using 100% post-consumer reclaimed fibre.
Recyclable where facilities exist.
Process chlorine free pulp.
Certified by Green Seal, a non-for-profit organization devoted to environmental standard setting, product certifications, and environmental education.
Manufactured in compliance with standards set for alkaline papers by the American National Standards Institute, Inc.
Certified as forest friendly by the Forest Stewardship Council.