The Senior Accountant, Assurance is responsible to apply sound practices and methodologies to conduct Audit and Review engagements. Reporting to Partners, Principals and Managers, the Senior Accountant, Assurance leads the fieldwork team, coaches and mentors junior team members and is a self-managed professional motivated to provide clients an outstanding level of client service within a team-based environment.
- In consultation with the engagement manager plans, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve Audit, Review and Notice to Reader engagement objectives.
- Prepares engagement file, financial statements and appropriate income tax returns
- Monitors multiple projects and deadlines
- Builds and nurtures strong working relationships with client management and peer client levels
- Delegates effectively and contributes to a motivated and empowered work team. Shares and transfers knowledge within the team.
Professional Skills and Education
- CPA, CA or degree qualification and relevant professional accreditation
- Three or more years’ experience in a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills with experience in all reporting standards
- General knowledge of personal and corporate tax
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Developing strong project management capabilities
- The ability to coach, motivate and direct a team of people
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Creative problem solving and experience in delivery of quality client service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills